In 2009, under the leadership of its new Chancellor, Gregory Gray, Riverside Community College District launched its Green Initiatives with the formation of a District-wide committee. The committee, led by Vice Chancellor, Ray Maghroori, launched this website to provide information about the District’s growing and successful Green Initiatives Program.
The mission of the Green Committee* is threefold:
- To ensure that RCCD’s curriculum sensitizes and prepares students to live as environmentally responsible citizens
- To develop courses and programs that enable students to participate directly in the green economy
- To enhance RCCD’s organizational capacity and practices as a socially responsible institution of higher learning.
District-wide Strategic Plan Themes
Theme 1: Environmental Responsibility – Ensures that RCCD is sensitive to and encourages environmentally responsible citizens.
Theme 2: Courses and Programs — Supports the development of courses and programs that enable students to participate directly in the green economy.
Theme 3: Organizational Capacity — Enhance RCCD’s organizational capacity and practices as a socially responsible institution of higher learning.
Green Committee Members:
- Ray Maghroori, Provost and Vice Chancellor Educational Services, Chair
- John Tillquist, Dean Economic Development
- Robert Grajeda, Director Corporate & Business Development
- Jim Parsons, Associate Vice Chancellor Public Affairs and Institutional Advancement
- Orin Williams, Associate Vice Chancellor Facilities Planning, Design and Construction
- Mark Knight, Information Architect
Moreno Valley College Team:
- Wolde-Ab Isaac, Dean Health Sciences
- Fabian Biancardi, Associate Professor Political Science
- Nicholas Sinigaglia, Assistant Professor Philosophy
- Gustavo Segura, Instructional Media/Broadcast Coordinator
Norco College Team:
- Diane Dieckmeyer, Dean of Instruction
- Jim Thomas, Associate Professor Construction Technology
- Dina Humble, Associate Professor Music
Riverside City College Team:
- Ron Vito, Vice President Career and Technical Education
- Ralph Perez, Director Facilities/Operations and Maintenance
- Virginia McKee-Leone, Dean of Instruction
- Paul O’Connell, Assistant Professor, Automotive Technology
- Mark Carpenter, Associate Faculty Sociology
- Deborah Hall, Coordinator Student Activities
- Diana MacDougall, Associate Professor, ASL & Sociology
- Catherine Be, Student